React vs Angular: Most Important Differences You Must Know!
React vs Angular
What is React JS?
What is Angular?
- Angular JS is based on MVC (Model View Controller) whereas React is based on Virtual DOM.
- AngularJS provides testing and debugging for a complete project with a single tool whereas React requires a set of tools to perform different types of testing.
Key Features of React
- Allows you to use 3rd party libraries
- Simplicity and Composable
- Fully supported by Facebook.
- Better user experience and very fast performance.
- Faster Development
- Code Stability with One-directional data binding
- React Components
Key Features of Angular
- Built-in support for AJAX, HTTP, and Observables
- Large community support
- Consistent with technology
- Typescript offers efficiency
- Cleaner and crisp Coding
- Enhanced support for error handling
- Seamless updates using Angular CLI
- Forms and validation
- Shadow DOM / local CSS
- UI and Business Logic Separation
|Use of libraries||React js can be packaged with other programming libraries.||Angular is a complete solution in itself.|
|Learning curve||It is easier to grasp compared Angular. However, it is difficult to learn when augmented with Redux.||Learning Angular is not easy for beginners. Thus, it requires lots of training.|
|Community support||When it comes to community support React doesn't offer much.||It has a viable and dependable community support system|
|Installation time||React takes longer to set up. But, it is really fast for delivering projects and building apps.||Angular is easy to set up but may lead to an increase in coding time which also results in delayed project deliveries.|
|Best feature||It gives you the freedom to choose the tools, architecture, and libraries, for developing an app.||It offers a limited amount of freedom and flexibility.|
|Data binding||React language uses one-way data binding, which means that the Ul elements can't be changed without updating the corresponding model state.||Angular, on the other hand, uses the two-way data binding method. It helps you to ensure that the model state automatically changes when any change is made.|
|Testing & Debugging||It requires a set of tools to perform different types of testing.||The testing and debugging for a complete project is possible with a single tool.|
|Documentation||Although it is also undergoing regular updates, the documentation is relatively faster.||Due to the ongoing development process, the documentation is slower.|
|Updates||Updates in React are simple because scripts help in the migration.||It plans updates every six months, which gives some time to make needed changes for migration.|
|Application Types||Use this app if you want to develop Native apps, hybrid apps, or web apps||You should use this framework If you want to develop a SPA(Single Page Application) and mobile apps.|
|Ideal for||Ideal for modern web development and native- rendered apps for Android and iOS devices.||Ideal to use when you want to develop large-scale, feature-rich applications.|
|Model||It is based on Virtual DOM||Based on MVC (Model View Controller)|
|Community Support||Facebook developers community||A large community of developers and supporters|
|Companies Using||Facebook, Uber Technologies, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, etc.||Wepay, Beam, Auto Trader, Mesh, Streamline Social, etc.|
|Template||JSX + J% (ES5/ES6)||HTML + TypeScript|
|Git hub stars||126K||46.6 K|
|Restriction||React gives you an option to choose without putting any performance penalty.||An angular framework is very sensitive, which means that it restricts you from using large models.|
|Use of code||React allows you to manage the code according to your desired format.||Angular comes with many ready to use elements. However, it mainly comes from a specific provider. So, there are priority collisions and namesDaces.|
|Git hub stars||180K||80.8 K|
|Fork||30.3 K||48.2 K|
Advantages of React
Here, are pros/benefits of using React:
- Easy to learn because of its simple Design
- The HTML-like syntax for which allows templating, and highly detailed documentation.
- Enhance support for server-side rendering, making it a robust framework for content-focused applications.
- Migrating between versions is in React.
- Facebook offers "codemod" feature to automate much of the process.
- Skills learned in React can be applied to Native development.
- When you combine with ES6/7, ReactJS is perfect for managing heavy loads with relative ease.
Advantages of Angular
Here, are pros/benefits of using Angular:
- Offers clean code development
- Higher Performance
- Material Design-like Interface
- An angular framework can take care of routing which means moving from one view to another is easy
- Seamless Updates using Angular CLI
Disadvantages of React
Here, are cons/problems of using React:
- Integrating Reacts in the traditional MVC framework like Rail requires complex configuration.
- ReactJS would require the users to have in-depth knowledge with respect to the integration of user interface into M VC framework.
Disadvantages of Angular
Here, are cons/problems of using Angular:
- An angular feature can be confusing for newcomers.
- There is no clear manual and extensive, all-inclusive documentation.
- Steep learning curve
- Scopes are hard to debug Limited Routing.
- Angular some time becomes slow with pages embedding interactive elements.
- Third party integration is very difficult.
- While switching from the older versions to the newer ones, you may face several issues.
Which is Better?
Both React and AngularJS are great options with respect to single page applications. However, both of them are also entirely different instruments. There might be statements like React is better than Angular or also vice versa.
Whatever may be your perception of the discussion about React Vs. AngularJS, you need to make choices based on your, requirement of functionality and usability.