What Is the Difference Between CBSE and ICSE Board?
ICSE vs CBSE
Differences between CBSE and ICSE Board
Education boards put maximum effort into shaping a child’s achievements and career goals by contributing to his growth and development. However, it is recommended that you do proper homework before deciding on a school for your child. Let’s uncover some characteristic features that can help you oversee the differences between CBSE and ICSE boards.
- The difference between CBSE and ICSE board stems from the vast difference in the syllabus. CBSE focuses on Science and Mathematics while ICSE Board gives equal importance to other subject streams, including Art, Language, Science, Mathematics, and even Humanities.
- Another difference lies in the structure of the syllabus, which is detailed, comprehensive. In contrast, the CBSE board has a precise and easy syllabus that delivers subject matter in a very light way.
- The difference between CBSE and ICSE board syllabus can be sharply seen in its teaching methodology as well. ICSE board teaching methodology is based on the application of theoretical concepts and is more inclined towards real-life ideas by an adequate understanding of the subject matter.
- CBSE offers a compact syllabus with fewer subjects to study.
- ICSE offers a range of languages to study, including Hindi, English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, and others. Some ICSE schools also offer creative subjects like agriculture, home science, humanities, arts, and cooking. ICSE is a winner when it comes to talking about the scope of the syllabus in the ICSE vs. CBSE debate
- The syllabus of CBSE is fruitful for students aspiring to sit for national levels entrance examinations such as IIT-JEE, and NEET. The abundance of theoretical information helps students gain knowledge from an exam point of view. However, ICSE Boards help cultivate better analytical abilities, an in-depth understanding owing to the extensive and complex syllabus. Choosing an education board for your child by understanding the competitive advantage offered can help your child achieve his career goals in the long run. It is possible if you know the difference between CBSE and ICSE board.
- ICSE boards give more emphasis to the English language as the medium of instruction. It gives them leverage when appearing for TOEFL, IELTS, and other standard exams that serve as a standard score for entry to foreign universities. On the contrary, the CBSE board doesn’t prefer any language.
- ICSE Board also lays particular emphasis on teaching literature and language skills that help build their personality. It is another strong point that gives some weightage to the ICSE board in the ICSE vs CBSE debate.
- ICSE Board has better acceptability than any other board, particularly in foreign lands. While CBSE Boards are also widely accepted, students with an ICSE certification get the upper hand in foreign schools and universities. If you wish to send your child to a foreign education program, it is essential to consider these differences between CBSE and ICSE Board.
EASE OF TRANSFER
- For those parents who work in professions that involve a lot of traveling, it is preferred that you choose the CBSE Board. CBSE is the preferred certification across India. CBSE Schools are more in number and can help your child get admissions in a similar board without any hassles. The innumerable schools affiliated with the CBSE board indeed gives an upper hand to CBSE in the ICSE vs. CBSE discussions.
- CBSE offers an alphabetical grading system while ICSE evaluates its students in the form of a score.
Which Board Is Good For The Overall Development?
Looking at the differences as mentioned above, between ICSE and CBSE Boards, the mystery of choosing an education board can be easily solved. While ICSE can help your child in the development of his core personality traits, hone his skills, CBSE can help achieve his career goals. Parents also need to consider other factors when choosing a school by looking at the differences between CBSE and ICSE education boards. These include schools that promote online learning, reading, performing arts, sports, and a relevant curriculum that can help attain your child his learning objectives. Parents also need to take a calculated move and focus on the quality of education imparted when choosing an education board.
All things considered, both the boards have their pros and cons. Dissecting both the boards, based on its advantages and disadvantages, will help students and parents alike to make informed decisions when it comes to choosing the right education board for your child.